Click on a goal to learn more!
What are the U.N. Sustainable Development Goals you ask?!
The 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, adopted by 193 United Nations Member States in 2015, provides a shared blueprint for peace and prosperity for people and the planet, now and into the future. At its heart are the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), which are an urgent call for action by all countries – developed and developing – in a global partnership.They recognize that ending poverty and other deprivations must go hand-in-hand with strategies that improve health and education, reduce inequality, and spur economic growth – all while tackling climate change and working to preserve our oceans and forests. To learn more about each goals, head over here.
And how are companies using SDGs?
Companies like Microsoft, Meta, and many others, have adopted the UN SDGs to guide corporate initiatives. At Clever Carbon, we want to help more companies learn about and adopt the SDGs at the workplace in small ways! Keep scrolling to learn more about:
- Which goals we target at Clever Carbon and how.
- Our SDG stamps that are available for everyone to download for free and use in internal and external collateral and assets. We also created some goodies (Zoom, Cell Phone, Desktop Backgrounds, etc) They’re available to download for free!
The Goals at Clever Carbon
Core to our work at Clever Carbon is helping people understand their carbon footprint through our 2 min carbon footprint quiz. What you can quantify and measure, you can change. Our hope is that once people are carbon literate, they will make #clevercarbondecisions and become #carboncurious. They will start to ask for carbon labels, leading to transparency and accountability by all.
Goal 11 and 12
Directly through raising carbon footprint literacy, we hope to teach consumers ways to understand the impact of their decisions, leading to more sustainable cities and communities (i.e composting, taking public transportation, etc) and responsible consumption and production (i.e helping consumers select brands that actively reduce their emissions and use incorporate eco friendly practices like Pantys, Modibodi, and Aether.
Partnerships are at the heart of everything we do. We understand that in order for us to accelerate carbon footprint literacy, we must engage existing like-minded brands and organizations. We also know that reaching out to new partners, sharing our mission and getting them on board are key to reaching our goals. We want to give a shoutout to all our partners: Pantys, Modibodi, Aether, Greenpixie, Carbonii, Cluey, Kind Community, junee, and W2R.
Goal 3, 4, 6 and 7
The work we do at Clever Carbon also touches many other goals:
- Goal 3 Good Health & Well-Being: We educate our followers on the benefits of a plant-based diet not only because plants have a lower carbon footprint, but they are also good for our health! Other initiatives like our tree hugging challenge and nature and hiking benefit also promote getting outdoors and into nature.
- Goal 4 Quality Education: If we’re really honest, we are an education machine at Clever Carbon, packaged in some hip and fun branding! Whether it’s our Carbon Footprint quiz, our free Carbon Footprint Lesson Plan for teachers, free webinars, and our content on Instagram, we are here to educate!
- Goal 6 Clean Water & Sanitation: Water is a precious resource and we care profusely about respecting water and ensuring water security for future generations to come. We hosted a corporate shower challenge to help raise awareness on water consumption and how we can reduce!
- Goal 7 Affordable & Clean Energy: Energy consumption ties directly with carbon emissions. We educate our followers on topics like energy usage for water heaters, home heating, appliance usage, and more through our carbon footprint of common items series!
Zoom Backgrounds, desktop backgrounds, LinkedIn banners, and Cell Phone backgrounds. Everything you need to remember and share the SDGs in style!
Clever Actions by UN SDGs
Clever Actions is our free corporate program to help companies embrace sustainability at the workplace. There are over 80 different actions (browse the table below), and all 80+ Clever Actions have now been tagged with the corresponding UN SDGs! Below are examples of how you can relate a Clever Action to an SDG!
Starting a chat channel is an easy way to start incorporating sustainability at the workplace! SDG goals that are targeted can vary depending on content shared, but goal 3, 11, 12 and 13 will be easily targeted.
Learn more about this Clever Action here.
Much of our emissions result from electricity use. By consciously tracking and measuring the amount of electricity we use, we can find ways to improve! The SDGs targeted here are goal 7, 11, 12, and 13!
Learn more about this Clever Action here.
Clever Actions by SDGs
See all our Clever Actions and the SDGs they relate to. You can even filter for specific SDGs you’re interested in targeting!